Niflheim World

Welcome to Niflheim !

• First 5 messages from new users (pre-moderated user) will be checked for flood/spam before being posted on the forum. Users will also be checked for a multi-account.
    If you want to communicate without delay, get a free Huscarl status (how to get - User Groups), or buy premium status (how to buy - Premium status)

SE WHAT IS 'HUMAN HACKING'?

Hiotcek

Publisher
Staff member
Lenderman
Reaction score
NL COIN
1655714954972.png
Exploiting The Human Firewall Using Human Hacking.
The term "hacking" Is very broad, thus covers an extensive range of methodologies to circumvent a given entity. When you hear and read about hacking, It's mostly related to breaking Into computer systems via "technological gateways", with the objective to obtain sensitive Information, such as usernames & passwords, email addresses, bank account details, credit card Information and so forth.

Well, did you know that all this can also be obtained by using social engineering on "any" type of Individual? In fact, I'd say It's around 50 % (If not more) easier to exploit the human firewall, than having to bypass the security measures of a given network using technology-based attacks. In other words, "human hacking" Is the weakest link In the security chain. Which brings me to my next point.

Human Hacking Defined:

Although the term "human hacking" Is not used In every article and online community board, It's exactly the same as "social engineering"- both are Interchangeable with the latter (social engineering) utilized more often. Rather than using technical means to find vulnerabilities, you're "manipulating human weaknesses" to get what you're after. However, many online sources, some of which are quite reputable, have very little knowledge of the "true meaning of social engineering /human hacking". Here's what I'm referring to In the following topic.

The True Meaning Of Human Hacking:

Given human hacking & social engineering are both equal by definition, In this topic, I will be referencing "social engineering". Google this, and you will find pages of search results that define It as: "manipulating people to give up confidential Information". Whilst It's true that It relates to obtaining confidential Info, by no means should social engineering be defined based on that alone.

Put simply, social engineering Is "manipulating the person on the other end, Into performing an action that they're not supposed to do". Be It SEing a company representative to Issue a refund or replacement for an Item you don't even have, or physically manipulating an office worker to hold the door open for you to a restricted building, thereby you gain unauthorized entry- they all relate to social engineering. So keep this In mind when you're thinking or teaching others about social engineering.

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8