Niflheim World

Welcome to Niflheim !

• First 5 messages from new users (pre-moderated user) will be checked for flood/spam before being posted on the forum. Users will also be checked for a multi-account.
    If you want to communicate without delay, get a free Huscarl status (how to get - User Groups), or buy premium status (how to buy - Premium status)

Programming Effective Modern C++. Scott Meyers

Redman

Forumteam
Staff member
Tignarman
Reaction score
NL COIN
1604841634702.png
Topics include:
The pros and cons of braced initialization, noexcept specifications, perfect forwarding, and smart pointer make functions
The relationships among std::move, std::forward, rvalue references, and universal references
Techniques for writing clear, correct, effective lambda expressions
How std::atomic differs from volatile, how each should be used, and how they relate to C++'s concurrency API
How best practices in "old" C++ programming (i.e., C++98) require revision for software development in modern C++
Effective Modern C++ follows the proven guideline-based, example-driven format of Scott Meyers' earlier books, but covers entirely new material
"After I learned the C++ basics, I then learned how to use C++ in production code from Meyer's series of Effective C++ books. Effective Modern C++ is the most important how-to book for advice on key guidelines, styles, and idioms to use modern C++ effectively and well. Don't own it yet? Buy this one. Now".

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8